October 16, 2011 AP Football Poll
- Washington makes first appearance in the Top 25 since the 9/20/2009 poll (35 polls)
- LSU's Top 25 streak reaches 40
- Arkansas is approaching the 400 mark (399)
- Georgia Tech ties Colorado for #24
- Houston ties Virgina for #44
- Kansas State breaks tie with Virginia for #43
- South Carolina ties 2 others for #54
- Hold the mouse cursor over the non-AP rankings to see the first place votes, total points, and previous rank in a tooltip (for browsers that support tooltips), where available
- * = Received first place votes (non-AP rankings)
- CP = Coaches Poll (1950 to present)
- HP = Harris Poll (2005 to present; starts in late September)
- BCS = BCS Rankings (1998 to present; starts in mid-October)
- Clicking on the team name will display the week-by-week ranking for that team.
- Regular-season polls from 1936-60 had 20 teams, from 1961-67 had 10 teams (except for the 1961 final poll which had 20), and 1989-present had 25 teams.
- This weekly poll data was contributed to the ESPN College Football Encyclopedia