October 26, 2008 AP Football Poll
OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES
West Virginia 73, California 42, Kansas 40, Pittsburgh 33, Connecticut 30 (#25 in BCS), Virginia 25, Georgia Tech 19, Louisville 15, Notre Dame 11, Oregon State 11, Virginia Tech 6, Troy 5, Northwestern 5, Boston College 4, Air Force 4, Navy 2, Arizona 1
- Utah makes first appearance in the Top 10 since the final 2005 poll (57 polls).
- Maryland makes first appearance in the Top 25 since the 11/12/2006 poll (29 polls).
- Alabama's weekly Top 25 streak reaches 10.
- Penn State's weekly Top 25 streak reaches 10.
- South Florida's weekly Top 25 streak reaches 10.
- Kansas' weekly Top 25 streak ends at 19.
- Hold the mouse cursor over the non-AP rankings to see the first place votes, total points, and previous rank in a tooltip (for browsers that support tooltips), where available
- * = Received first place votes (non-AP rankings)
- CP = Coaches Poll (1950 to present)
- HP = Harris Poll (2005 to present; starts in late September)
- BCS = BCS Rankings (1998 to present; starts in mid-October)
- Clicking on the team name will display the week-by-week ranking for that team.
- Regular-season polls from 1936-60 had 20 teams, from 1961-67 had 10 teams (except for the 1961 final poll which had 20), and 1989-present had 25 teams.
- This weekly poll data was contributed to the ESPN College Football Encyclopedia