2016 Final AP Men's Basketball Poll
- Oregon makes first appearance in the Top 5 since the 12/16/2002 poll (262 polls)
- Seton Hall makes first appearance in the Top 25 since the 1/19/2015 poll (26 polls)
- Baylor ties Arizona State for #76
- Miami (FL) ties George Washington for #85
- Purdue reaches 320 appearances
- Seton Hall reaches 100 appearances
- SMU ties Davidson for #87
- Texas A&M ties Butler for #70
- Virginia reaches 240 appearances
- Xavier reaches 140 appearances and ties Mississippi State for #55
- First-place votes, W-L records, and total points are not available prior to 2001-02. If you have some of this data from a verifiable source, please contact me.
- Regular-season polls from 1949-60 had 20 teams, from 1961-68 had 10 teams (except in December 1960 and the 1964-65 preseason polls), and 1990-present had 25 teams.
- Preseason polls started in the 1961-62 season, and there were post-tournament polls in 1953, 1954, 1974, and 1975.
- Poll dates from 1948-49 to 2006-07 fall on Tuesdays with a few exceptions. Dates from 2007-08 to present fall on Mondays.
Men's BB |
Women's BB |
Copyright © 2007-16 College Poll Archive. All rights reserved.
College Poll Archive is not affiliated with the companies, administrators, or members of
the football or basketball AP Top 25 Polls, USA Today Coaches Polls, or selection committees
Formerly known as AP Poll Archive (2007-2010)