2005 Preseason AP Football Poll
OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES
Alabama 121, Oregon 97, Utah 77, Georgia Tech 62, Bowling Green 57, NC State 57, Colorado 38, UCLA 19, Minnesota 18, Iowa State 18, Miami (OH) 15, Penn State 11, UTEP 10, Oregon State 8, Wisconsin 5, Nebraska 3, Memphis 3, Clemson 3, Colorado State 1, Notre Dame 1, Southern Miss 1, Toledo 1, Wyoming 1, West Virginia 1
- Hold the mouse cursor over the non-AP rankings to see the first place votes, total points, and previous rank in a tooltip (for browsers that support tooltips), where available
- * = Received first place votes (non-AP rankings)
- CP = Coaches Poll (1950 to present)
- HP = Harris Poll (2005 to present; starts in late September)
- BCS = BCS Rankings (1998 to present; starts in mid-October)
- Clicking on the team name will display the week-by-week ranking for that team.
- Regular-season polls from 1936-60 had 20 teams, from 1961-67 had 10 teams (except for the 1961 final poll which had 20), and 1989-present had 25 teams.
- This weekly poll data was contributed to the ESPN College Football Encyclopedia